Hosted by the
Augusta golf association
A non-profit organization, promoting junior golf in Augusta, Georgia.
Steeped in the rich golf tradition that is found in Augusta, GA, home of the Masters, the 3M Augusta Invitational, now in it's 39th year, has grown steadily since its beginning in 1979. Formerly named the Augusta College Invitational, the tournament took a new look in 1992 with the addition of a corporate sponsor, Cleveland Golf, and was then named the Cleveland Golf Classic. Through the generous support of 3M for the past 4 years, the now named 3M Augusta Invitational continues to grow through the help of major sponsors such as Mercedes Benz of Augusta, Pro Links Sports, TaxSlayer, Valspar, and Nature Valley to name a few.
A Legacy of Champions
Some of the best golf teams in the country have competed in the event's 38 years of history, featuring several touring pros such as Davis Love III, Phil Mickelson (1989), Brad Faxon, Justin Leonard (1992), Vaughn Taylor (1998), Oliver Wilson (2001, 2003), Chris Kirk (2005), Scott Brown (2006), Dustin Johnson (2007), Henrik Norlander (2010), Jordan Spieth, Patrick Reed, Beau Hossler (2016), to name a few.
Augusta University Birdie Club
The mission of The Birdie Club is to provide much-needed funding for the Augusta men's and women's golf programs through generous donations from individuals and corporations for the purpose of competing at the highest level in intercollegiate golf.
2017 Participating Teams
Forest Hills Golf Club
Established in 1926, Augusta University’s Forest Hills is a much loved staple within the Augusta, Georgia golf community. This 18 hole course holds remarkable history from Bobby Jones beginning his 1930 Grand Slam of Golf at Forest Hills in the Southeastern Open to College events where future greats like Phil Mickelson (1989), Davis Love III, (1981, 1982) and others competed. Forest Hills is home to the Men’s and Women’s Jaguar Golf Teams and became a part of history again when the Men’s Team successfully defended their 2010 NCAA Division I National Title to earn their second consecutive National Championship in 2011.
The 18-hole course was originally designed by world renowned course architect Donald Ross, but it was renovated by the Arnold Palmer Company in 2004. Forest Hills is repeatedly named “Best Public Course” by Augusta Magazine and offers traditional Southern topography with level, rolling fairways surrounded by magnificent trees.
- 5 Minutes from The Augusta National Golf Club
- FREE TO THE PUBLIC
- Ample Parking
- Concessions Available
- Family Friendly
- Teams begin arriving in Augusta
- Thursday practice and practice round prohibited at Forest Hills GC
- Teams are welcome to practice at Augusta University Golf Facility
(3109 Wrightsboro Road, Augusta, Ga., 30909)
- 6:00 am - 10:00 am - Breakfast available at the Double Tree Hotel
- 10:00 am - Driving range opens at Forest Hills GC (range closes at 7:00 p.m.)
- 10:30 am - 12:30 pm - Lunch provided for players/coaches
- 11:30 am - Coaches meeting at Forest Hills GC in the Jones Room of Forest Hills Grill area
- 12:00 pm - Practice round (shotgun start)
- 5:00 pm - Dinner provided by Clint Bryant (AD) & Les Perry (Co-TD)
- 6:00 am - 7:00 am - Breakfast available at the Double Tree Hotel
- 7:15 am - Driving range opens at Forest Hills GC (sunrise at 7:10 a.m.)
- 8:15 am - Teams are called to their designated carts (look for cart signs)
- 8:30 am - Shotgun start for 36 holes
- 10:30 am - Sandwiches, snacks available on the course (#1 Tee, #10 Tee, #13 & #16 Tees)
- 6:00 pm - Dinner provided by Sconyers BBQ immediately following completion of play
- 6:00 am - 9:00 am - Breakfast available at the Double Tree Hotel
- 7:15 am - Driving range opens at Forest Hills
- 8:30 am - Tee Times begin off #1 tee
- 8:45 am - Tee Times beginoff #10 tee
- 2:00 pm - 4:30 pm - Lunch catered by Wife Saver (fried chicken/strips, sides)
- Award ceremony upon completion of play
Please feel free to contact us with the form below